Staying with a Local Family close to the school will allow you to learn about Maltese culture, food, family life and traditions. Our homestay families will give you security, comfort and support.
All our host families are located within walking distance of the school. Half-board is included and homsestays can be booked in single or double rooms outside high season when single rooms are not available.
- Facilities: Most host families have a washing machine which students can use while some families offer to do students' laundry at a small extra charge. Students can use their family's phone to receive calls but not to make outgoing calls. A public phone can be found in front of the school.
- Services: Basic cleaning is offered by the host family once a week. Bed linen is provided but students are requested to provide their own towels.
- Distance to school: Within a 15-minute walk. Family allocations are made some weeks before arrival so late bookings cannot be guaranteed a family closer to the school than others.
- Distance to supermarket: Within a 15-minute walk.
- Distance to the beach: There is a small sandy beach 10 minutes' walk from the school and a rocky beach 20 minutes' walk from the school. The larger sandy beaches are in the north of the island, 30 minutes away by bus.
- Key deposit: This depends on the family's house rules but is usually €50.
Remember to show respect to your host family and its traditions and way of life at all times. We also suggest bringing a small gift as a sign of appreciation.
Prices for host family stays
|Accommodation||Season A||Season B||Season C|
|Pricese per week in Eur + Placement fee: 80||01.01-17.03|
|Host family/Double room/HB||205||255||305|
|Host family/Single room/HB||265||315||365|