U20 courses in Pembroke
At Sprachcaffe's St. Julians school we provide comprehensive English courses conducted with a maximum of 15 students per class where our experienced teachers will help young students to activate and improve their already-existing language skills in English using up-to-date materials provided for the duration of the course.
Our language school for young people, located next door to the main premises in Pembroke, offers large fully-air-conditioned classrooms on three floors in a safe, quiet, residential area. The staff and facilities of the complex ensure that students learn and relax in a fun, friendly and educational environment during their time in Malta.
Lessons are given at 5 levels from A1/Elementary to C1/Advanced.
Maximum number of learners per class: 15
Public holidays: The school will be closed on the following public holidays: 30.03, 29.06, 15.08, 21.09 & 13.12.2018. No lessons are given on these days and lessons, in general, are not made up.
St. Julians school information
• Facilities: Students have access to all the school’s facilities including the pool, beach volleyball court, AV rooms, reception and laundrette. Public phones are available in and just outside the school.
• Services: Basic cleaning is provided by Sprachcaffe once a week. Bed linen and towels are provided. Students are requested to bring their own beach towels.
• Distance to the school: The school and its accommodation are both on campus which is just a 10-minute walk from Paceville, Malta's entertainment centre. All our host families are within walking distance of the school.
• Distance to a supermarket: 5-minute walk
• Distance to the beach: Sandy beaches are in the north of the island, about 30 minutes away by bus. There is also a small sandy beach 20 minutes from the scool on foot and numerous rocky beaches.
• There is a variety of accommodation options to choose from including student apartments, school residence and host families.
• Key deposit: €50
• A varied social programme with activities and excursions to suit all tastes.
• Qualified, caring teachers.
• Self-access facilities including DVDs to buy or borrow, a study room and Audio Visual room.
• Age range: 14-21
• Average age: 15.4
• Average number of students: 250-300 students in summer (in the junior programme).
• Bistro, food and drinks: All U20 program students have full board. Those staying with host families have breakfast and dinner at home and lunch at the school while those staying at the school have all three daily meals there. Packed lunches are provided on half-day excursions. There is also our Sprachcaffe Bistro in the school - the ideal place for our students to meet for a drink or a snack. Food and drinks from the Bistro are not included in the U20 package price.
The Sprachcaffe St. Julians residence is located on campus. Students are accommodated in 2-7 bedded rooms with shared bathrooms alongside our classrooms and apartments as well as eating and leisure facilities all in one location. Full board is always included for the U20 program.
Our carefully-selected host families are located within a 15-minute walk of the school and will provide breakfasts and dinners. Lunches are served at the Club Village.
St. Julians Package Price
|St. Julians course and accommodation package|
|1 week||Extra week|
|Homestay, triple shared room||€435||€395|
|Residence, quintuple+ shared room||€510||€470|
|Club Village, triple shared room||€540||€500|
|Club Village, double shared room||€580||€540|
Intensive Course per week, +€40
Intensive Leisure Programme per week, +€50
Season surcharges per week
|Season A||07.01 - 03.02|
30.09 - 03.11.2018
|Season B||18.03 - 16.06|
26.08 - 8.09.2018
|Season C||17.06 - 25.08.2018||+ €150|
St. Julians school package price includes
• Language course with 20 lessons per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Groups of 12-15 students
• Educational material provided for use
• End-of-course certificate
• Full-board accommodation
• Supervision by trained group leaders
• Return airport transfers
• Accompanied tours: 1-week language course: 1 half-day excursion included; 2-week language course: 1 full-day and 2 half-day excursions; 3-week language course: 2 full-day and 3-half-day excursions
• Activities: sports, swimming, culture, evening entertainment (such as welcome parties, beach activities, BBQ, cinema and bowling)