U20 English courses in Malta
At Sprachcaffe Malta we provide comprehensive English courses conducted with a maximum of 15 students per class where our experienced teachers will help young students to activate and improve their already-existing language skills in English using up-to-date materials provided for the duration of the course.
Our two centres in Pemboke and St. Paul's Bay are very different from each other. The Pembroke centre is very large and the U20 programme can accept about 300 students at any time. The school is next door to our complex which comprises accommodation, leisure and catering facilities so there is a lively campus atmosphere. The St. Paul's Bay centre is much smaller and can accept only about 180 students at any time, offering lessons in the mornings and the afternoons in our comfortable, fully-air-conditioned school, which is about a 15 minute walk from the residence. Class sizes are smaller and there is a more intimate atmosphere than in the buzzing Pembroke centre.
The Sprachcaffe St. Julians residence is located on campus. Students are accommodated in 2-7-bedded rooms with shared bathrooms alongside our classrooms and apartments as well as eating and leisure facilities all in one location. Full board is always included in the U20 program.
The Sprachcaffe St. Paul's Bay residence is located about 15 minutes from the school on foot. Students are accommodated in 3-bedded rooms and have their meals in the residence. Please note that this residence is not used solely by Sprachcaffe. There may be other residents over 18 years of age in the residence but they will not be sharing accommodation with our students.
School information St. Julian's
- Language course with 20 lessons per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes
- Groups of 12-15 students
- Educational material provided for use
- End-of-course certificate
- Full-board accommodation
- Supervision by trained group leaders
- Return airport transfers
- Accompanied tours: 1-week language course: 1 half-day excursion included; 2-week language course: 1 full-day and 2 half-day excursions; 3-week language course: 2 full-day and 3-half-day excursions
- Activities: sports, swimming, culture, evening entertainment (such as welcome parties, beach activities, BBQ, cinema and bowling)
- Students have access to all the school’s facilities including the pool, beach volleyball court, AV rooms, reception and laundrette. Public phones are available in and just outside the school.
- Self-access facilities including DVDs to buy or borrow, a study room and Audio Visual room.
- Distance to the school: The school and its accommodation are both on campus which is just a 10-minute walk from Paceville, Malta's entertainment centre. All our host families are within walking distance of the school.
- Distance to a supermarket: 5-minute walk.
- Distance to the beach: Sandy beaches are in the north of the island, about 30 minutes away by bus. There is also a small sandy beach 20 minutes from the scool on foot and numerous rocky beaches.
- Basic cleaning is provided by Sprachcaffe once a week. Bed linen and towels are provided. Students are requested to bring their own beach towels.
- Key deposit: €50
- There is a variety of accommodation options to choose from including student apartments, school residence and host families.
- Bistro, food and drinks: All U20 program students have full board. Those staying with host families have breakfast and dinner at home and lunch at the school while those staying at the school have all three daily meals there. Packed lunches are provided on half-day excursions. There is also our Sprachcaffe Lounge in the school - the ideal place for our students to meet for a drink or a snack. Food and drinks from the Lounge are not included in the U20 package price.
- Age range: 14-21
- Average number of students: 250-300 students in summer (in the junior program).